- Participate in Lambda Alpha International Student Association (LAISA) chapter activities
- Attend meetings of Lambda Alpha International (LAI) and chapters upon invitation and make contact with professionals in land economics and related disciplines
- There is no registration fee for international meetings of LAI
- Potential scholarships
- Recognition of your achievements as a LAISA undergraduate or as a graduate "Fellow"
- Receive a certificate and a LAISA "Fellow" key and certificate for academic achievement
All four year and graduate college or university students from accredited schools with a major in land economics or a related discipline may join LAISA. Those who have achieved a 3.5 accumulative grade point average on a scale of 4 or its equivalent and have completed 75% of undergraduate work or 50% of graduate work leading to degrees or majors in land economics or related disciplines are eligible for the "Fellow" award for academic excellence.
The parent organization, Lambda Alpha International includes chapters in the U.S. and Canada and members in many countries abroad. It is an honorary, non- political professional society, founded in 1930, whose members are chosen for their accomplishments and leadership in land economics and related fields. They encourage scholarship and integrity in all fields of endeavor.
The letters Lambda and Alpha are used to represent the Greek words logos - from which we derived the word logic -- and ag-roikos - from agros, a portion of land, from which we have derived the word agriculture.Logos agroikos means "applying wisdom to matters of land."
Lambda Alpha International supports those ideals which contribute to the enrichment of the urban and rural environment and benefit the quality of life. The society advances the need for a close-working bond and mutual understanding among people engaged in all disciplines and activities related to land economics.
Lambda Alpha International's membership includes leaders in the fields of...
- Land Economics
- Land Use Law
- Landscape Architecture
- Property Appraisal
- Real Estate, Finance & Development
- Urban Planning and Others
For more information contact Sheila Hamilton, email@example.com.