The Land Economics Foundation (LEF) of Lambda Alpha International
The Land Economics Foundation of Lambda Alpha International is a charitable research and education fund. If you know of a worthwhile project for LEF that would benefit from Foundation support, please visit the website to learn more about the funding critera: http://www.lai-lef.org
LAI members are experts in their fields and many of them publish research related to the mainy facets of land economics.
LEF Research Examples:
- Safe Horizon – A mediation program designed to train volunteers in three New York locations to assist the underprivileged in dealing with aggressive landlords. Highly successful program being expanded nationally.
- San Diego Canyonlands Video – Created a video on a collaborative basis with several conservation organizations to expose on cable television the critical need to preserve open space canyons as a natural link to other urbanized communities in the county.
- SMASH Project – A Technical Assistance Workshop in San Miquel de Allenda, Guanajuato, Mexico: An initiative for enhancing and sustaining the municipal region of a World Heritage Site.
LAI Members’ Research and Publishing
Members’ Publishing Examples:
- Dr. Maury Seldin, Realtor Chair Professor Emeritus, The American University and Honorary Founding Fellow, The Weimer School of Advanced Studies in Real Estate and Land Economics, Homer Hoyt Advanced Studies Institute (ASI); member of the George Washington Chapter: click here for his complete list of books.
- Frank H. Spink, Jr., President of LAI from 1997 to 1998: Dollars and Cents of Superstore Centers: A Special Report by Frank H. Spink, Jr.; Dollars and Cents of Fashion Malls: A Special Report by Frank H. Spink, Jr.; Dollars & Cents of Off-Price Shopping Centers: A Special Report by Frank H. Spink, Jr. and Main Hurdman.
- David L. Callies, Past President of the LAI Aloha Chapter and Pacific Rim Vice President: Cases and Materials on Land Use (American Casebook Series) by David L. Callies, Robert Freilich (Hardcover - April 1986); Regulating Paradise: Land Use Controls in Hawaii by David L. Callies (Paperback - November 1984)