Director – President
Jon B. DeVries, AICP
Director – Vice President
Jocelyn Lum Frederick, FAIA, ACHA
Director – Treasurer
Los Angeles Chapter
Director – Secretary
Zia -New Mexico Chapter
Director – Past International President
Sheila D. Harris, PhD
San Diego Chapter
Director - Immediate Past President
Rachel F. Edds, AICP
RESEARCH APPROVALS AND REVIEW COMMITTEE (RARC)
Basic responsibilities include the solicitation, evaluation and recommendation of research applications for
consideration by LEF Board of Directors. Other aspects are highlighted below.
- Monitor progress of approved research projects;
- Determine distribution of funding for larger projects;
- Ensure quality of research meets the expectations incorporated in approved process;Establish criteria for prioritizing research applications;
- Establish guidelines for funding recipients to follow as individual projects materialize; and
- Report on progress of committed endeavors to Directors at semi-annual LEW meetings.
EXTERNAL FUNDING COMMITTEE (EFC)
Los Angeles Chapter
Leslie Pollock, AICP
Entirely focused on the financial aspects of LEF programs, EFC is to ensure a number of components are inplace, particularly funding of proposed projects.
- EFC is responsible for determining the partnership funding is consistent as represented by
- Committee is to ensure local Chapter is part of the projects as well as potentially participating in funding;
- Identification of potential external funding sources on a sustained basis regardless of specific projects being considered; and
- Identify and contact potential donors that are the direct beneficiaries of the project under consideration.
COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE (CC)
The mandate of this component of the Foundation is to enhance the awareness of LEF/LAI through its research projects. Specific areas of involvement are set forth below.
- Project results to be communicated to LAI members as they may be a source of further communication referral;
- Communication of the project results to a number of disciplines including the economic research community, donor community, as well as the urban-policy industry as the project funded is expected to have a sustained “self life”; and
- Committee is charged with transmitting project results to LEF’s website, LAI’s electronic newsletter, the print media, presentations if required, and broadcast e-mails.
1992 – 1994 Rodney Engelen
1994 – 1997 Leslie Pollock, AICP
1997 – 1999 Virginia Solomon
1999 – 2001 Jo-Ann Neuhaus
2001 – 2004 Stan Hamilton
2004 – 2008 Ron Buss
2008 – 2013 Steven Gragg
2013 – 2019 Ron Buss
2019 – 2021 Rachel F. Edds, AICP